Try it Bulalo recipe and let me know what you think.The beef soup consists of shank with bone marrow still inside the bone, the Bulalo is considered one of the most favorite main dish of the Philippines. Due to the popularity of Filipino food, restaurants and eateries specializing in cooking Bulalo built. Other famous “Bulalohan” is located in Tagaytay City (Cavite) and Sto. Tomas (Batangas).
Bulalo Recipe – Lutong Pinoy
You do not need to try to prepare this dish. However, time and patience are needed. You see, the key to preparing delicious Bulalo is all meat. You should select the appropriate meat (we are using shanks) and make it as soft as possible. Simmering beef or any other meat for longer periods of time makes it soft and release all of its flavor. This is probably the reason why traditionally Filipino recipe tastes better – time and patience is always part of the ingredient.
reparations hours 10 mins cooking time 110 mins Total time: 2 hours
2 lbs beef shank
Pc ½ small cabbage, whole leaf is an isolated one
1 small cabbage
3 pieces of corn, each cut into 3 parts
Whole pepper 2 tbsp corn
½ cup Green onions
1 medium sized onion
34 ounces of water
2 tbsp fish sauce (optional)
1. In a large pot, pour water and Boil
2. Put – in beef shank followed by the onions and whole pepper corn then pakuloan 1.5 hours (30 minutes if using a pressure cooker) or until the meat is tender.
3. Add the corn and boil for another 10 minutes.
4. Add the fish sauce, cabbage, cabbage, and green onion (onion leeks)
5. Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!
Find Out More…
Sign up to GET Regular Tips & Updates - enter your email below
Feel free to donate….